Wendy Wagner, Owner of Zen Spa, runs these group meditations.
“I have always felt it extremely important for people to have an opportunity to experience the benefits of meditation. Therefore, I feel very honoured to be able to offer a space for group meditation ever since Zen Spa opened in 2007, where I host Drop-In Meditation at the Spa every Monday, barring holidays. Meditating with others can raise the energy of all who are meditating. You may find yourself experiencing different things during your meditation or having more energy to meditate longer than you usually would alone.”
Tea begins at 7:00 pm and meditation commences at 7:15 pm.
- Drop-In Donations of $1 per person go towards peace and meditation-related organizations.
- Some cushions and blankets available, if you don’t bring your own.
- Some seating on sofa or chairs available if you are not able to sit on the floor.
- No experience necessary. We can answer questions and address challenges prior to or after meditating.
- Meditation is silent. This honours each person’s meditation technique, as there are many different ways to meditate.
- Meditation sits vary slightly in time, but usually we meditate for 30 minutes, starting with 5 minutes of breath work.
- Any religion is welcome. Although we refer to Buddhism or Yoga or Tao, we consider our group meditations non-denominational, since these are considered more philosophy than religion.
- Sometimes we chant ‘OM’ before meditating, other times we play the singing bowl. Sometimes we will read a short paragraph of wisdom to allow the mind to get into a more meditative space.
- You do not need to know me or any of the other meditators to join us. You do not need to be a Spa client to attend meditation.
- Both men and women of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Drop-In means there is no obligation. Come back when you can, or if it’s not your ‘cup of tea’ then at least you will have experienced it once.